Tricolor is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and mission-driven company, empowering its customers by providing access to affordable financing on high quality, certified vehicles, in order to ultimately enhance the quality of their life, through its premium brands, Tricolor Auto Group in Texas and Ganas Auto Group in California and its sub-brand, Ganas Ya!.
Tricolor puts the customer at the center of an end-to-end experience
Delivering access to affordable financing to the credit invisible, placing itself at the intersection of human-centered interaction and AI-powered experiences.
Tricolor utilizes advanced data analytics and technology to advance financial inclusion to a highly underserved market and offer responsible, affordable, credit-building auto loans to individuals with no or limited credit history.
For more than a decade, Tricolor has successfully scored credit invisible borrowers, as evidenced by five well-received ABS securitizations.
Since its founding in 2007, Tricolor has empowered customers by providing access to affordable financing on high quality, certified vehicles in order to enhance the quality of their lives and ultimately help them to build a better future.
The key building blocks to our approach:
Provide affordable financing to low income borrowers through lower interest rates and lower gross margins, increasing the probability of their success in repayment.
How borrowers to establish bureau credit by reporting to major bureaus, through partnerships with Experian and Equifax, regardless of status, in order to ultimately mainstream credit invisible borrowers.
Leverage technology and deep learning to develop a proprietary model in order to segment borrowers with little or no credit history, driving. more favorable and attractive lending terms.
Support customers with financial literacy programs with customized content to empower them in order to access mainstream financing and. ultimately, build a better future.
Tricolor’s proven and proprietary credit decisioning engine
Demonstrates its advanced analytical competency and serves as the foundation for a new direct lending model for subprime customers. Its AI-powered segmentation model assesses unique, nontraditional attributes for consumers in order to assess intent and ability to repay.
Creating an emotional connection with our consumer.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Over twenty years of experience as an operator in the BHPH segment.
- Founder and CEO of Tricolor Auto Group and Tricolor Holdings.
- Previously, Chu founded six start-ups over his entrepreneurial career including two other successful retail automotive start-ups which both operated as public companies, included one through a strategic sale.
- Chu graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical.
- Engineering in 1985. He also holds a master’s degree from the University of Miami.
Chief Financial Officer
- Oversees the Company’s financial and administrative management, joined July 2015.
- Ten years working in the consumer financial products industry focusing on the unbanked/unserved and Hispanic customer.
- Over 20 years of senior financial officer experience within the retail and financial services industry and six years as CFO for an Investar Financial portfolio company.
- Kollar earned his B.S. degree from Carnegie-Mellon University and his MBA from the University of South Florida.
Chief Operating Officer
- Promoted to current role in 2020 where he oversees all core processes in the business, end-to-end.
- Sixteen years of experience in supply chain management and analytics, including eleven years in the semiconductor industry.
- Broad experience in S&OP process implementation, demand planning, advanced planning and forecasting software integration.
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- After serving in the U.S. Army for six years, Goodgame earned his B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M University in 2003.
Chief Risk Officer
- Eleven years of experience in risk management in analytics in the financial services industry.
- Previous experience at JPMorgan Chase, Think Finance, and Capital One.
- Li holds a Ph.D. in Statistics from Florida State University in 2009, a M.S. degree in Applied Mathematics from Stanford University in 2005, and a B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, in 2001.
Chief Customer Officer
- Responsible for management of all sales operations across the Company’s entire retail footprint, from recruiting and training through the execution of its customer experience.
- Ten years of experience at Capital One.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Perez earned his BS from Grand Valley State and his MBA from Carnegie Mellon University.
Chief Product And Strategy Officer
- Leads Company’s strategy to create industry leading digital experience for its consumer.
- Over twenty years’ experience leading innovation in automotive technology.
- Previous experience at Cox Automotive, DealerTrack, DealerSocket.
- Lee holds a B.S degree from Indiana University.
Chief Compliance Officer
- Fifteen years’ experience in compliance and risk management.
- Formerly Chief Risk and Compliance Officer at Exeter Finance.
- Twelve years at Capital One across various roles in compliance and operational risk management.
- Holds a B.S. degree in Accounting from Southeastern Louisiana University.
Chief Corporate Development and Legal Officer
- Over thirty years’ experience in various senior executive roles in both corporate development and legal
- Previously spent 12 years at AT&T as Managing Director of Corporate Development overseeing over $3 billion in M&A transactions
- Also served as General Counsel for Sterling Commerce and Assistant General Counsel for Sterling Software
- Hoover is a graduate of Harvard Law School and earned a B.A. in Economics from Northwestern University
FROM THE CEO'S DESK
Here’s a short video which describes how we leverage our risk model to create a disruptive pricing strategy.
Here’s a white paper we’ve prepared with a more detailed explanation.
Here’s a white paper which describes our model and the “flywheel effect”
Here are some other links which may be of interest.